Behavioral and cognitive practices in the field of museum-related adult education (6-DAY COURSE) LIMASSOL
It is very important for museum curators and museum staff to understand and be able to analyse the activity and behaviour of visitors in their museum. The behaviour of visitors can provide curators with feedback on what is happening at the museum –where do people go, what exhibits visitors spend most time at, what hours of the day are most busy at certain areas, how people interact with the content and exhibits that they have designed etc.
This 6-day course gives participants theoretical background about visitors’ behaviour in the museum, observation methods of measuring various variables, as well as practical guidelines to evaluate visitors’ experience. Discussions, site visits and group work will enrich sharing ideas and exchange of practice between participants.
During the course, participants will:
- get informed about the behaviour of visitors in a museum and the factors that influence it
- learn techniques that analyze visitors’ behaviour
- explore visitors’ motivations
- explore the relation between motivation and identity
- investigate observation methods of measuring various variables
- examine practical guidelines to evaluate visitors’ experience
- visit Cypriot museums and discuss with the museum staff.
The course fees are 480 euro (6-day) & 560 euro (7-day).
- 30.01.2021 - 04.02.2021
- 27.02.2021 - 04.03.2021
- 08.05.2021 - 13.05.2021
- 10.07.2021 - 15.07.2021
- 16.10.2021 - 21.10.2021
- 29.01.2022 - 03.02.2022
- 19.03.2022 - 24.03.2022
- 25.06.2022 - 30.06.2022
- 27.08.2022 - 01.09.2022
- 01.10.2022 - 06.10.2022
- 03.12.2022 - 08.12.2022