EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT METHODS IN PRIMARY & SECONDARY EDUCATION (6-day/ 7-day course) Limassol
Assessment and evaluation play an important role in the teaching-learning process. They provide feedback to teachers on their teaching and students on their learning. Evaluation is an ongoing process while assessment provides accountability to schools, parents and education systems. They contribute to the formation of goals, the design of learning experiences and document student performance. Assessment and evaluation provide valuable feedback on curriculum design and implementation, thus improving teaching and curriculum.
This 6-day course gives participants theoretical background about assessment and evaluation as well as practical suggestions for data collection, for selection of appropriate methodology and use of reliable assessment tools in Primary and Secondary education. Practical guidelines to integrate activities and implement programmes across the areas of curriculum and school life will be discussed. Site visits and group work will enrich sharing ideas and exchange of practice between participants. There is also the possibility to extend the course to 7-day.
During the course, participants will:
- examine the role, objectives and benefits of evaluation and assessment
- study functions and general steps of evaluation
- explore qualitative evaluation methods
- study ICT tools for evaluation and assessment
- explore quantitative assessment methods
- discuss the role of feedback
- examine different types of assessment
- explore computer-based assessment methods
- discuss the criteria for choosing assessment tools and techniques
- get informed about benchmarking
- visit sites, museums and monuments in Cyprus and plan activities/ programmes
- Dimensions of Evaluation
- Activities for team building
- What key competencies to evaluate?
- History of Evaluation
- Functions of Evaluation
- General steps for Evaluation
- Qualitative Evaluation Methods
- Open- ended questions
- Focus groups
- Written documents
- ICT Tools for Evaluation
- Visit to Limassol Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum and other monuments.
- Doing activities in the city center.
- Data collection for the group work.
- Educational Assessment
- Assessment types
- Formative & summative assessments
- ICT Tools for Formative Assessment
- Multiple-choice questions
- The role of feedback
- Quantitative Assessment methods
- Tests -Exams
- Computer-Based Assessment Methods
- Adaptive Assessments
- Web- Based Educational Games
- E- Questionnaire
- E- Quiz
- Designing assessments
- Choosing Assessment Tools and Techniques
- Where to look for inspiration
- Book: 50 CATs (Classroom Assessment Techniques).
- Participants complete the group work, presentation of group work
- Review of the course, certificates.
DAY 7 (optional)
Visit to Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics, Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
- 20.02,2021 - 25.02.2021
- 15.05.2021 - 20.05,2021
- 21.08.2021 - 26.08.2021
- 02.10.2021 - 07.10.2021
- 04.12.2021 - 09.12.2021
- 19.02.2022 - 24.02.2022
- 26.03.2022 - 31.03.2022
- 11.06.2022 - 16.06.2022
- 30.07.2022 - 04.08.2022
- 24.09.2022 - 29.09.2022
- 17.12.2022 - 22.12.2022