DRAMA IN EDUCATION -Using drama as a tool in teaching and learning (6-DAY/ 7-DAY COURSE) LIMASSOL
Broadly speaking, Drama in Education (DiE): using drama as a tool in teaching and learning is designed for, and dedicated to teachers
• who are looking for meaningful ways of reflecting on their professional practice
• who wish to engage with pedagogic issues and widen their understanding of the methods and practice of creative teaching/learning through drama
• who are looking to revitalize and energize their approach to teaching
• who wish to enhance and refresh their skills in delivering subject content in/through English
As participants come from different European countries, the course is also a valuable exercise in community building and international understanding. The course is 6-day, however there is the possibility to extend it to 7-day.
The cost for 6-day course is 480 euro and for 7-day course is 560 euro. It includes course fees, course material, entrance to museums and tours.
• understanding drama conventions and ways of creating meaning and engagement
• understanding the potential Drama in Education has for providing context for teaching/learning
• providing and exercising creative ideas for successful implementation of drama in the curriculum
• improving the ability to use innovative student-centered pedagogical approaches
• increased confidence in communicating in English
• increased intercultural awareness
- What is ‘Drama in Education’?
- Introductory drama activities
- The importance of DiE
- Activities for team building
- History of DiE
- ICT tools for finding resourses
- Visit to Limassol Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum and other monuments.
- Doing activities in the city center
- Data collection for the group work
- The goals of DiE
- What are the basic elements of Drama?
- Drama and Multiple intelligences theory
- Theatre Vs Drama
- Drama activities for concentration
- The role of the teacher in DiE
- Designing costumes for drama activities.
- Group work
- DiE as a creative practice
- Drama activities for improving self-expression
- Drama methods & techniques
- Drama method: ‘Mantle of the Expert’
- Visit to Kourion ancient theater & archaeological site.
- Discussion about activities in archaeological sites.
- Group work
- Drama activities for building a character
- Drama activities for the acceptance of diversity
- Thematic extensions
- Visit to the Theatre Museum
- Municipal Garden
- Data collection for group work.
- Drama activities for developing physicality
- Drama in Education in different countries
- Participants complete the group work
- Presentation of group work
- Review of the course
DAY 7 (optional)
- Visit to Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics.
- Paphos Medieval Castle & port
480 euro (6-day) & 560 euro (7-day)
- 13.11.2021 - 18.11.2021
- 12.02.2022 - 17.02.2022
- 12.03.2022 - 17.03.2022
- 21.05.2022 - 26.05.2022 Confirmed
- 23.07.2022 - 28.07.2022
- 08.10.2022 - 13.10.2022 Confirmed
- 12.11.2022 - 17.11.2022
- 11.02.2023 - 16.02.2023
- 25.03.2023 - 30.03.2023
- 20.05.2023 - 25.05.2023
- 22.07.2023 - 27.07.2023
- 07.10.2023 - 12.10.2023
- 11.11.2023 - 16.11.2023