CLIL: Integrated Teaching through English (6-DAY/ 7-DAY COURSE) LIMASSOL
CLIL: Integrated Teaching through English is intended for educators with an interest in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) who want to widen their understanding of the subject, but also wish to engage with broader pedagogic issues, and enhance and refresh their skills in delivering subject content through English. The course will also offer a clear rationale and suggestions for further exploration in this area.
This 6-day course is designed for, and dedicated to teachers
• who are looking for meaningful ways of reflecting on their professional practice
• who wish to engage with pedagogic issues and widen their understanding of CLIL
• who are looking to revitalize and energize their approach to teaching
• who wish to enhance and refresh their skills in delivering subject content in/through English
As participants come from different European countries, the course is a valuable exercise in community building and international understanding. There is also the possibility to extend the course to 7-day.
- increased awareness and understanding of the potential of CLIL approach and methodology
- increased knowledge of the key principles of CLIL material development and the integration of content and language teaching
- a greater repertoire of activities to integrate into your CLIL teaching context
- increased confidence in communicating in English
- increased intercultural awareness
- Introduction to CLIL
- Activities for team building
- Objectives, features & benefits of CLIL
- Strategies for supporting learning in CLIL (1)
- ICT tools for communication & collaboration
- Visit to Limassol Old city center, Castle area, Carob Mill Museum and other monuments.
- Visiting Medieval Castle & Museum
- Doing activities in the city center.
- Data collection for the group work.
- ICT tools for creating activities
- Discussing CLIL issues
- CLIL & Lifelong learning skills
- Strategies for supporting learning in CLIL (2)
- The history of CLIL
- Materials & tools for supporting learning in CLIL
- Group work
- Preparing a CLIL lesson
- Examining a variety of CLIL lesson plans
- Encouraging speaking and writing in CLIL
- ICT tools for sharing data & communication
- How to involve parents?
- Group work
- The European dimension of CLIL
- Finding resources
- Cultural activity: Visit to
-Limassol Archaeological museum
- Data collection for group work.
- Assessment on CLIL
- A shared vision for CLIL
- Participants complete the group work
- Presentation of group work
- Review of the course
DAY 7 (optional)
- Visit to Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics.
- Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
480 euro (6-day) & 560 euro (7-day)
- 26.02.2022 - 03.03.2022 Confirmed
- 30.04.2022 - 05.05.2022
- 04.06.2022- 09.06.2022
- 02.07.2022 - 07.07.2022 Confirmed
- 15.10.2022 - 20.10.2022
- 26.11.2022 - 01.12.2022
- 25.02.2023 - 02.03.2023
- 29.04.2023 - 04.05.2023
- 03.06.2023 - 08.06.2023
- 01.07.2023 - 06.07.2023
- 14.10.2023 - 19.10.2023
- 25.11.2023 - 30.11.2023