EFFECTIVE CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT-Techniques, methodologies and disciplinary strategies (6-day/ 7-day course) Limassol
Keeping a classroom under control requires considerable skills in managing the multitude of tasks and situations that occur during the school day. Apart from the teacher’s preparation, certain procedures, methods and teaching techniques are required that promote a safe and efficient environment. Disciplinary methods and behavioural expectations are also important.
This course gives participants theoretical background about effective classroom management, as well as practical guidelines and activities across the areas of curriculum and school life. Discussions, site visits and group work will enrich sharing ideas and exchange of practice between participants.
The cost for 6-day course is 480 euro and for 7-day course is 560 euro. It includes course fees, course material, entrance to museums and tours.
During the course, participants will:
- be informed about the importance, role and benefits of effective classroom management
- examine skills and techniques that can be used to keep students organized, focused, attentive, on task, and academically productive during teaching
- understand and address students’ diversity during teaching
- learn ways to handle behavioural problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying
- discuss the integration of classroom management ideas and techniques across the areas of the curriculum in conjunction with the school policy, pupils’ age and abilities
- discuss good practices from participants’ schools
- examine examples of difficult classrooms with problematic situations and students with learning disabilities or particularities; and suggest ideas for improvement
- examine the use of technology for effective classroom management
- visit schools and discuss good practices with teachers
- visit sites, museums, monuments etc. and plan activities
WELCOME • Participants introduce themselves, practices and policies that are applied at participants’ schools and countries, course programme overview.
THEORY • Effective classroom management (definitions, objectives, role, benefits) • Techniques to focus students' attention and keep them organized. • Recorded lessons and discussion.
THEORY • Teaching procedures and routines; practices that improve teaching and learning; creating an effective classroom setup. • Controlling stress and time management • The curriculum and how to use it for effective teaching and learning. • The use of technology for effective classroom management.
TOUR IN LIMASSOL • Visit to Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum • Data collection for the group work.
THEORY • Dealing with students’ everyday conflicts and behavioural problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying • examine examples of difficult classrooms with problematic situations and students with learning disabilities and/or particularities; and suggest ideas for improvement. GROUP WORK
VISIT • Visit to a primary /secondary school and discussion with the teachers. • Outdoor activities in museum, galleries and parks . • Data collection for group work. GROUP WORK
CLOSURE OF THE COURSE • Presentation of group work, review of the project, conclusions, certificates.
DAY 7 (optional) TOUR IN PAPHOS • Visit to Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics, Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
02.05.2020 - 07.05.2020 Confirmed
25.07.2020 - 30.07.2020
03.10.2020 - 08.10.2020 Confirmed
14.11.2020 - 19.11.2020
24.04.2021 - 29.04.2021
10.07.2021 - 15.07.2021
02.10.2021 - 07.10.2021
06.11.2021 - 11.11.2021